Many of our boys have been abandoned by their parents at birth, or have spent the first few years of their lives in very challenging environments. Sometimes they come to us at SJB with malnutrition and physical and emotional scars. Many of our boys have arrived at SJB unable to speak, or cry, or dream or even – trust.
Help us to break this cycle for vulnerable and orphaned boys in Guyana. We need your support for these children – who are so desperate for food, love and opportunity.
SJB accepts all online donations (and offline ones too)! You have the choice of a one-time donation, monthly donations or you can donate as often as you desire.
Sponsor a child
You may choose to contribute to the needs of one of our boys on a monthly or yearly basis. Contact us for more details about donating towards his care.
At SJB, we are always busy! There is always something exciting happening! If you would like to give of your time, please be sure to contact us. We would love to have you join our team and make a difference in the lives of our children!
Donate Goods in Kind
Some of our general needs include:
- Cleaning products: Soap powder or laundry detergent, dish soap, toilet cleaner, disinfectants, bathroom cleaner etc.
- Food products: canned goods and other non-perishable items
- Personal products: deodorants, bath soap, shampoo/conditioner, shavers, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair cream, facial tissue, toilet paper, cologne, creams/moisturizers, combs/hairbrushes
- First aid products: Band aids, pain relievers, thermometers, multisymptom medication, cough medicine
- Other products: disposable plates, cups, paper towels, garbage bags
- School supplies: craft supplies, construction paper, markers, crayons, glue, rulers/pencils/pens/erasers, binders, file paper, printer paper, stickers
- Books: both used and new are welcome - story books, text books, colouring and activity books, puzzle books, novels
- Toys: can be new or used.
- Computers and equipment: can be new or used: printers, keyboards, mouse, tablets, laptops.
- Clothing: our boys’ ages range from 4 to 16 years. Any new or used clothing is always welcome.
Also, we are working on many projects at SJB. Check out our Initiatives to see how you can help too.
If you are unsure if your items would work for us at SJB or want to enquire what items we are most in need of, please feel free to contact us.